Monday, July 23, 2007

And...We Made It!



This past weekend was quite an adventurous one, I tell you what! Camping is a must in the summertime. Erika, Joe and I headed out on the road, listened to about 3 full songs, and pulled into our campsite. I haven't laughed that hard in a really long time. We are new to the area, and didn't realize our campsite was so close to home! So much for our weekend road trip! We set up our tent and then headed down the road a few miles to the grocery store to buy ourselves some dawgs to cook. I was feeling rebellious, so we stopped in at McDonald's for a supply of ketchup. Joe was in charge of the fire, and Erika and I gathered the sticks. It was a great night for camping, and I need to go again soon! My favorite part of the trip was sleeping next to Joe in the tent :) I introduced Erika and Joe to the "would you rather" game and "rank order". I now know what physical attribute Joe looks for in his women..."oh, I know!"

The next morning we floated down the river on an inner tube with the institute. Got to love Butt's Tubes (not sure how I feel about that name). It was an interesting group of people...got to love Mormons! Anyway, this isn't a very exciting blog entry...but I am just not in the mood to blog lately! Another fun weekend in DC!

3 comments:

maWeesa said...

michele and joe camping together? this is something i would have loved to see... I NEED TO TALK TO YOU.. I JUST GOT MY PHONE TODAY. CALLING YOU TOMORROW!

Joseph said...

Listen. I'm not the one that said, "Oh, I know," and I can't deny my innate biology.

Lesley said...

Fun times! I love that you were at your campsite after 3 full songs! How funny!