Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Sweet Reunion


Saturday was an eventful day. I woke up to home cooked banana pancakes and scrambled eggs. I knew it was going to be a good day from the start. I stayed out in Oakton, VA with my friend Erika and I finally got to see the movie Dreamgirls! Wow! That was an intense movie, I felt the need to breathe for them the entire time. Amazing voices and costumes! It was a beautiful day on Saturday so we decided to go for a run in the woods and managed not to get too lost. We did some pilates in the morning, locked ourselves out of the house, and even went swimming, and country dancing later that evening. BUT the best part of my day was discovering that my new friend and I share a passion for Rita's Water Ice! Yes, this will be my second post dedicated to Rita's. I google texted Rita's and found out there is one in the ghetto in DC. We about died! Of course we came home and google mapped Rita's and immediately began our journey there. What would we have done without google?! After getting of the beaten path once or twice, and driving through the ghetto (at least it was daylight) we arrived at Rita's. I got myself a Gelati and life was good again! The end :)

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Yummm!!! That looks delicious! When I come out for a visit I want to go there! What a great day! Banana pancakes?!!! Those sound good too!

nerak said...

Next trip to DC, I think I need to go to the ghetto.

kez said...

I really need to try that sometime!!! My life wouldn't be complete withouth it I'm sure!

angie said...

I've got to try one!

D-dawg said...

oooohhh yummy. What a fun filled day you had!