Sunday, July 8, 2007

Saddle Up!






For those of you who know me well, remember that I am not the hugest country fan. However, as I get older I appreciate it more, and actually really enjoy it! Living in NYC, and now DC you don't see too many cowboys. But don't worry, after a Friday night of not feeling well, a group of my friends decided it was time to get out of the house and go country dancing! We went to this extremely classy pub, Nick's Bar, in Alexandria. Such a fun night! Erika and I spent the entire night on the dance floor learning the two step, and other fun country dances. I met myself a cowboy who I danced with the entire night. He was a really good teacher, and I think I may just have to go back! Randomness, but very fun! The country dancing was to prepare me for the Garth/Trisha concert on the Mall, to start off Live Earth. I was extremely excited to listen to Garth (he hasn't toured for years)!! I was a little disappointed when I found out they would only be singing ONE song. They sang We Shall Be Free (good song, but only one...seriously?!) Kind of an interesting choice in my opinion to kick off Live Earth. It was definitely a unique group of people. They introduced Garth, and the woman next to Lisa asked, "Who is that guy again?" Who in there right mind doesn't know who Garth Brooks is? He is only one of the most famous country singers of all time! Even if you don't listen to country music on a regular basis, you know who Garth Brooks is. That explains the crowd for you! Maybe I am a country girl at heart! I am ready to bust out my cowgirl boots, and belt buckle and hit up Nick's again for a night of dancing!!

7 comments:

angie said...

Pete and I watched "Live earth" on t.v. I wish we would've seen you in the crowd!

kez said...

I'm with you, who doesn't know who Garth Brooks is?! Seriously.
Sounds like a lot of fun!

Lesley said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I love that you went country dancing! WHOOOO! AND that you found yourself a cowboy to dance with for the night! :) Fun times! I can't believe that Garth and Trisha only sang one song! What is up with that?!

nerak said...

Oh there were times during my awkward teeange years that I absolutely LOVED Garth's album, 'Fresh Horses'. My country love will never die. I'm glad you got to see them perform... one song...

nici said...

I think we should hit the Westerner when you return to Utah. Miss you sugar!

NatAttack said...

One song is lame, but one song by Garth? Awesome! But you're right... We Shall Be Free isn't the song you dream of him singing.

Your dancing story reminds me of when we hit TS last last year... how long ago it seems now!

Janelle said...

Michele--I love how you mix it up and do so many fun things! You make a great cowgirl!
Love,
Janelle