Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sugarhouse High Prom: Last Chance for Summer Romance






One of my favorite girls recently blogged about our Valentine's Day Adventure 05', which you can check out here My year in SLC consisted of many crazy memories, including the Prom my roommates and I hosted. Krista's brother was able to promote the event in the BYU newspaper. We got a sweet ballroom located in downtown Salt Lake, thanks to our graphic designer friends. We sent out invitations, purchased food, decorated for the event, and even had a real photographer there to capture our success! DJ Hebe did an excellent job with the music. We spent weeks preparing for this event. I am pretty sure TJ Max, and Ross became our new best friends. The girls would bring home piles of new dresses and every night became a fashion show. Don't you just love girls?! Some of the best memories came on Prom day. Mel, Nici, and I drove to Orem to get our hair done. Oh man, I am laughing out loud right now as I write this post. Let's just say, the day got a little stressful. The madness began after we left the hair stylist's place. Nici was not thrilled with her hair, and started taking bobby pins out in the car. I think I remember the ipod being dropped once or twice on our way back to SLC :) Nic and I were stressing a bit, and Mel just sat back and enjoyed watching us get worked up. Next we headed to the Mall to get our make-up done. The phrase, "What counter are you going to use?" actually slipped out of my mouth. Who am I, P Hilton?! Mel headed over to MAC where she fell in love with her gay make-up artist. Krista and Nat showed up, with their hair half way curled. Ahhh such a funny day. Overall, we were pretty happy with our make-up, except nic had issues with her purple lipstick and immediately took it off. I am seeing a pattern here! All and all the night was a success. We danced, took a million pictures, named King and Queen, and even went to Dee's afterwards for the after party!

I am trying to get some of my friends here to plan a big dance...but I don't think it would come close to the party we put on in SLC. Good times with these great girls!

4 comments:

NatAttack said...

Now that's what I'm talkin' bout. I think we'll continue to create good times, but I'm pretty sure we'll indiviually be unable to create the crazy-fun-wildness that was the HOlla House Season 1.

Prom definitely ranks in the top 5 (if not top 3) of that year. NOSTALGIA!

D-dawg said...

Michele, that sounds like a blast. I totally miss my single days when I hear of fun adventures like this with college girlfriends!

nerak said...

Lookin' hot Michele! I love that you girls organized a prom. We're not so classy or creative in NY: the best we could come up was the Awesome 80s Prom.

Lesley said...

So fun! I remember you telling me about this fun event! What great times! You look really pretty in all of these pics! So do your roomates! Fun memories!