Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Slurpee Anyone?



I was raised in a GREAT little town in southeast Washington. The area is often referred to as the Tri-cities. Kennewick was first home to the Chemnapum Indians. FYI, the name means "Winter Haven," an appropriate title as the tribe gathered in the mild climate to trade, fish and pasture their horses. Kennewick is now the largest of the three cities. Our history includes that of the infamous "Kennewick Man" a 9,200 year old skeleton unearthed in Kennewick's Columbia Park-a significant discovery receiving international attention. Well, there is some pretty exciting news as of late in this growing town. I got a phone call from my mom the other day and she informed me that a 7-11 store in KENNEWICK, is no. 1 in slurpee sales on the west coast. The 7-11 store is now offering 12 different slurpee flavors to it's demanding customers! You can read more about this amazing discovery here.

My hometown bragging rights list continues to grow...we now have the most slurpee sales and flavors on the West Coast. What, what!!!! Beat that California!

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Michele, first of all you crack me up!!! Are you kidding me?!!! I love it! Second of all, I totally learned a ton about my hometown thru your blog so thanks! GO K-town, it's your birthday....!!!! Slurpees are the best!!! Loved the post!

D-dawg said...

WOW! You are so knowledgeable about Kennewick! I had no idea that they found a skeleton there! That's cool. The slurpee sale thing is surprising to me but also very exciting. I heard today at our 7-11 they were giving slurpee's away for free because the date today is 7-11. Was Kennewick's 7-11 doing that? Hm, just curious. (o;

Janelle said...

Hahaha! You're HILARIOUS, Michele! I think I shall move to Kennewick today just for this new perk! :) Actually, I love Slurpees, so this is a great story about your hometown. You SHOULD be proud!
Love,
Janelle

angie said...

Whoa!! I can't believe it. I want a slurpee! Also, I never knew about the "man" that's cool! Kennewick rules I loved going there every summer while growing up.

grandma said...

Way to advertise Kennewick. See, we don't just live in some little po-dunk town!!! We're famous!!