Friday, July 27, 2007

My Life As of Late

This has been an eventful week for my family. Stephen entered the MTC this past Wednesday, where he will spend the next 10 weeks of his life learning Mandarin and preparing to serve his mission in Taiwan. Sometimes I hate living on the east coast. I don't like to miss out on big events such as this, especially when the entire family gets together! Fortunately I got to spend a couple of weeks in Washington with the fam earlier this summer. Best of luck to Stephen...man I will miss him a lot!




I got in my first accident Wednesday night. Alright let me rephrase that..my first bumper kiss. Yes, it was my fault. The woman was very kind, but turns out she is trying to claim injuries. Seriously?! People these days...they really do want to soak you for all it is worth. I have A scratch on my car, that is hardly noticeable. Her car appeared to be fine, with maybe a few scratches. It was at a stop light and I was going under 5mph when I dropped my directions, and reached to pick them up and bumped her. Stupid, I know...but I guess things like this happen. It could have been worse. If you look closely, you can see the damage on my car...


My good friend Kellie decided to come visit me this week for a couple of days. I miss this girl in my life. We got up early and headed to Tj Maxx and perhaps spent a little too much money. That store stresses me out usually, and I detest digging through piles and piles of clothes to MAYBE find what you are looking for. However, we were in luck and had piles and piles of clothes in our shopping cart to try on! It was a successful shopping day :) Then we headed to the pool, and Georgetown later that evening. Kellie treated me to dinner at Martin's Tavern, a quaint little restaurant where JFK proposed to Jackie years ago. We also headed to the Lincoln Memorial, which is just fabulous. I get the chills every time I go there and read President Lincoln's address.



Anyway fun times this week...and definitely looking forward to an exciting weekend! Yea for Friday!

8 comments:

nerak said...

Ah! Sorry to hear about your car. She totally shouldn't claim injuries, that's ridiculous. In other news, I'm jealous of Kellie, I'm definitely coming down to play soon... MISS YOU!

Kiersten said...

That stinks about the accident. Yuck. I'm excited for your brother though--mine is speaking Mandarin in Australia right now!

MishMyBelle said...

Kiersten, what happened to your blog?! It is set on private now...you need to add me to your list of people who can view it! I need your life updates.

Lesley said...

Exciting week! Except for the little fender bender. Sorry about that! That woman better not do anything stupid that she will regret! So annoying! Looks like a great time with your friend Kellie! That was so nice of her to come down! Have a wonderful weekend! :) Yahoo for Friday! :) Love ya!

D-dawg said...

I'm so sorry about your little fender bender. That is no fun! And people these days are CRAZY about trying to get money for "injuries". How lame is that.

angie said...

I can't believe the lady is trying to claim injuries! ha ha! who could get injured when the cars don't even have damage?? Girl time is always great!

kez said...

Sorry about your car! Seriously though, she's trying to claim injuries from a little bumper tap? What happened, did she break a nail or something?! Seriously...that's so lame.

Erika @ Andover ClOthing said...

So I'm a random visitor to your blog through Amber's... I was wondering which mission in Taiwan your brother is going to. My brother is in Taichung Taiwan and just got called as AP to the new mission pres... He LOVES it there! and they are having amazing success. Just thought it would be fun if they were in the same place... even though I only know you through Amber :)