Thursday, June 14, 2007

Big Bad Steve

"Every morning at the mine I could see him arrive
6'6" weighing 245lb, broad at the shoulders, narrow at the hips
Everybody new they could take no lip from
BIG STEVE, BIG BAD STEVE!"

This is a song we would sing to Stephen when he was younger. Stephen was 10 lbs when he was born and off the charts in height. We new he was going to be a big boy! He definitely grew to be a tall young man at 6'4", but I am pretty sure he isn't close to 245lbs. Grandpa Mick even called him a giraffe this past weekend....good laughs!

Yesterday I had to say goodbye to my dear brother for over two years. He leaves to serve in the Kaohsiung Taiwan mission, July 25th. I most likely will not be able to fly out for his farewell in a month. It doesn't get ANY easier. I had a difficult time saying goodbye to Brian. We had such a fun time at BYU together and it was sad to see him go. And now, Steve is leaving. It is such a mix of emotions, because I am so proud of him and am grateful for his desire to serve a mission for our church. However, it is still very upsetting to say goodbye to your brother, and good friend for over two years.

Anyway, I am back in Alexandria, VA in my new little place and have much to look forward to. It is always difficult to say goodbye to the fam, but good to get back into a schedule. I had such a wonderful visit and have much to be thankful for.

Dustin & Stephen(They will be such good missionaries!)


5 comments:

Lesley said...

Cute picture of the two of them! They will make excellent missionaries! I am very excited for both of them! Don't they look a lot alike? I love it! I love Steve too-he's such a wonderful brother and is always making me laugh! I will miss him a lot too!

Janelle said...

Such a happy and sad time all mixed together when one's brother leaves on a mission! From the sound of it, I bet he'll be a great missionary and will be back before you know it!
Love,
Janelle

angie said...

Ahhh they look so cute and they are pretty much twins! I think they look so much a like! They will be awesome missionaries! Steve is so cute- Dustball is too!

D-dawg said...

Adorable picture Michelle! It must have been so hard to say goodbye.. I felt your pain last week. But is is a good pain. I'm glad you're back home. You should show pictures of your place.

grandma said...

why do my grand children all look alike? cute picture I hate to see them leave for so long It is so good to have Brian back I love being with my family Good luck in DC I like your new dresser. You are your mothers daughter -- getting organized I loved seeing you