Monday, June 11, 2007

Pop This

The trend that has college students from all over the United States buzzing: popped collars. I first noticed this trend my senior year of college at BYU. Naturally, I thought it looked ridiculous and pledged to never be a "popper". My first impression of someone with a popped collar is, ultra prepster that thinks he or she is better than everyone else. I tend to be more traditional and prefer the collar to lay where it belongs. HOWEVER, the popped collar trend has grown on me somewhat. I am not as opposed to it as I used to be. Although, I don't think I will be "popping" seriously anytime soon... Haley and I thought we would give it a try. We felt pretty foxy with our popped collars... Will you be "popping" anytime soon?
I think my niece has far better fashion taste than me! Check out those Vans and cankles! So precious.

8 comments:

NatAttack said...

This is TOO cute! She's just adorable... you're not too bad yourself!

I've been a fan of the popped collar for awhile now... welcome to the club!

Kristan said...

Ha-larious!

I am NOT a fan, but who am I to judge :)

janellelee said...

i love the picture of you holding haley, my favorite part is your little hand clutching her beefy thigh. she is so cute! i love her little vans and cankles! i could definalty not pull off the pop...but you guys look cute!

Lesley said...

I have never really been a popper but hey! You two look really cute together! Thanks for watching her! She loves her aunt Michele!Her thighs do look quite beefy-she needs to get movin'! and work them off! Thanks for the cute outfit that she is wearing Janelle! Fun week with you Michele!

MishMyBelle said...

I agree...I am still not a huge fan of collar popping, but I think Haley looks pretty darn cute in that outfit. Good pick Janelle!

angie said...

ha ha! i will NOT be "popping" anytime soon, but you and Haley look adorable!

D-dawg said...

very cute! Pop away!

Janelle said...

Hahahaha! I had no clue what I've been seeing around BYU's campus for a while now actually has a name for it--"Popping"--that's hilarious! I'm definitely not a fan of the popped collar, but I've said that before about trends and found myself to jump on the bandwagon later as it became more normal, so we'll see. Loved the picture though--priceless!